Helping Us Make a Difference

There are so many ways you can help your community and one of the most positive steps you can make right now, is offering your support.

Your imagination is the only limit on to how you might be able to help us, but here are a few suggestions you may like to consider.

Please help us to make that difference for the people in your community.

Different ways you can make a difference

Make a donation

Make a life-changing difference to someone who is a vulnerable member of your community by donating to Citizens Advice Cardiff & Vale  Help us turn things around for someone in need by using any of the methods below.

Online Donations

You can make regular or single donation by hitting our Justgiving   ‘Donate ‘ button . If you are a UK taxpayer then ticking the ‘Gift Aid’ box will make your donation go further, at no extra cost to you.

What is Gift Aid?

Gift Aid gives you an extra 25p for every £1 you donate.

Gift Aid is an income tax relief designed to benefit charities . If you’re a UK taxpayer, Gift Aid increases the value of your charity donations by 25% because the charity can reclaim the basic rate of tax on your gift at no extra cost to you.

How does Gift Aid work?

The process is really simple; all you need to do is fill out a Gift Aid Declaration form. This is a statement from you to the charity confirming that you want to donate through Gift Aid and receive tax back on your donation.

Am I eligible for Gift Aid?

For a charity to claim Gift Aid on your donation you must first have paid UK Income or Capital Gains Tax that financial year. The tax you pay must be equivalent to the amount of Gift Aid the charity will reclaim on your donation that tax year, . VAT and Council Tax do not meet this criteria.

From April 2015, the income tax personal allowance has increased to £10,600 for individuals born after 5 April 1948. If your income is below £10,600, you will no longer be able to claim Gift Aid on eligible donations.

It’s worth noting, you can’t make donations on behalf of someone else or a company.

What if I pay higher rate tax?

If you’re a higher rate taxpayer, you can claim additional tax benefits for the donations you make to charity, which you can keep or pass on to a charitable organisation .  Simply indicate how much you’ve donated when completing your tax self-assessment form.

Donations by Text

Text CACV11 to 70070 to make a quick donation of £5. If you’d like to give more you can change the amount after the pound sign: ‘£10’ or whatever amount you wish to donate.

Donate or set up a regular donation by post

You can send a credit card payment or cheque to Citizens Advice Cardiff & Vale by filling out our Cardiff & Vale donation form or set up a regular payment by Direct Debit by filling out our Direct Debit Set-Up Form

If you are a UK taxpayer, please tick the Gift Aid box. This will make your donation worth even more at no extra cost to you!
Please send your form to:

Citizens Advice Cardiff & Vale
119,Broad Street
Vale of Glamorgan CF62 7TZ

Contact Us

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call Gerald McCarthy on  01446 722812 or email


Challenge yourself and discover the fun of taking part in something that supports your community spirit.

Up Coming Events

Click here to discover some of the exciting events we have planned in the near future.

A Gift in your Will

We are grateful for everyone who leaves us a legacy in their will. For more information on this please click here


From Corporate Fun days, to dress down days. there are many simple and effective ways for your company to support us. Please ask for our information pack.