Role – Generalist Advisor
To provide face to face, telephone and webchat advice to clients accessing the service in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan. Must be prepared to travel to outreach locations covering Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan. Previous experience of delivering generalist advice is desirable.
Hours: Full time
Salary : £19,430
Closing Date : Thursday 15 February 2018, 12 noon
Interview Date : Thursday 22 February 2018
Holidays: 30 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
Application: Electronic applications only – No CV’s
Application packs available from our website : www.cacv.org.uk
We would recommend downloading the following documents;
• Provide advice covering the full range of enquiry subjects.
• Act for the client by calculating, negotiating, drafting or writing letters and telephoning. Negotiate with third parties.
• Ensure income maximisation through the take up of appropriate benefits.
• Prepare cases to the appropriate statutory bodies, tribunals and courts as appropriate.
• Assist clients with related problems where they are an integral part of their case and refer to other advisers or agencies as appropriate.
• Make outreach visits.
• Ensure that all casework conforms to the Office Manual and the General Quality Mark standard.
• Maintain case records for the purpose of continuity of casework, information retrieval, statistical monitoring and report preparation.
• Research & Campaigning.
• Assist with research & campaigning work by providing information about clients’ circumstances.
• Provide statistical information on the number of clients and nature of cases and provide regular reports.
• Monitor service provision to ensure that it reaches the widest possible client group.
• Alert staff to local and national issues.
• Professional development.
• Keep up to date with legislation, case law, policies and procedures relating to all enquiry areas and undertake appropriate training. Read relevant publications.
• Prepare for and attend supervision sessions/team meetings/management team meetings.
• Assist with Service initiatives for the improvement of services.
• Review and make recommendations for improvements to services.
• Maintain local information systems.
• Keep up to date with policies and procedures relevant to the organisations work and undertake appropriate training.
• Maintain liaison with relevant external agencies.
• Public relations.
• Liaise with statutory and non-statutory organisations and represent the service on outside bodies.
• Carry out other tasks that may be within the scope of the post.