Role – Finance Officer
Reporting to the Resources Manager, the purpose of the role is to provide financial administration support to the organisation.
Job title: Finance Officer
Reports to: Resources Manager
Salary Scale: £17,072 – £21,962 per annum depending on experience
Hours: 37 hours per week f/t
Annual leave Entitlement: 30 days p.a. plus bank holidays
Closing Date: Friday 20th October 2017, 5pm
Interview Date: TBC
We would recommend downloading the following documents;
- Maintain and update accounting systems and records using bespoke software and templates.
- Assist with the preparation of budgets for funding bids, projects and the annual organisational budget.
- Prepare information for, and liaise with, payroll services.
- Provide Chief Executive, Resources Manager and Operational managers with information required on an ad hoc basis.
- Assist Chief Executive, Resources Manager and Treasurer in preparation of financial statements and reports to the Trustee Board.
- Review and monitor supplier costs to ensure value for money is achieved.
- Maintain VAT records and submit quarterly returns to HMRC.
- Maintain petty cash records and make payments within pre-determined limits.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Liaise with suppliers as required.
- Prepare and record sales invoices as required
- Prepare cheques for payment.
- Make authorised payments to employees and other creditors.
- Assist company auditors in the preparation of annual accounts
- Control pension payments, and insurance/assurance records.
- Maintain all required paper records.
- Use photocopier, fax and other office machines as appropriate.
- Create and maintain filing systems in accordance with the organisation’s procedures.
- Maintain diaries and work records.
- Answer the telephone and refer calls or take messages.
- Send and respond to email.
- Attend appropriate internal and external meetings as agreed with the line manager or supervisor. Take minutes where requested.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Abide by health and safety guidelines and share responsibility for own safety and that of colleagues.
- Any other relevant administrative and support duties required to ensure the smooth running of the organisation.
- Previous financial administration experience.
- Knowledge and experience of accounts.
- Understanding of and commitment to the aims and principles of the service and its equal opportunities policies.
- Ability to monitor and maintain own standards.
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritise own work, meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills to level required for drafting correspondence.
- Ability to keep accurate records and produce reports.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in Microsoft applications such as Excel.
- Flexible approach and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to research, analyse and interpret information.
- Experience of using QuickBooks accounting system.
- Experience of Bureau FM finance and accounting systems.